Monday, February 17, 2014

Giving Thanks

I am thankful that when I visit my family and we're deciding how to spend the day, going to the craft store is on the same list a going to the mall, and with equal weight. I am thankful for my crafty family that took me to art lessons and taught me how to build with a huge collection of tools. And I am thankful that my family still has the energy and passion for creating personal items and a beautiful home.

I am thankful for my foodie mother who taught me to cook and to appreciate the meals I can make. I am thankful that she enjoys excellent, well-balanced meals and has a curiosity for new culinary experiences and flavors.

I am thankful for my mom and sister with whom I can laugh over the latest silly trend, but who are also brave and supportive enough to go out with me when I wear my big, furry, white vest or harem pants (I haven't tried them together... yet). And I am thankful that with them I learned what works for my style and how to take care of the clothes that show off that style. And I'm very thankful that my mom taught us to appreciate good taste and style within a budget.

This has been a great weekend visiting my mom and home. I feel refreshed and centered, and I'm looking forward to coming back soon.

I spent some time this weekend shopping, but also time going through my things and sorting out items to donate or sell at a charitable secondhand store. It was tough at times to let go of clothes with memories attached to them, but I reminded myself that I want to move forward and make more memories with my future style.

This is a very reflective post, and I guess a little early for spring cleaning, but I'm looking forward to the coming year and I'm ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment